What is Integrilin used for? Integrilin
is used to treat patients with severe chest pain or small heart attacks and for those
undergoing certain heart procedures (e.g., balloon angioplasty). Integrilin has been shown
to decrease the chance of another heart attack or death.
Integrilin has also been shown to decrease the risk of another heart attack or
death and reduce the need for urgent medical care in patients undergoing certain heart procedures.
Who should not be given Integrilin? You should not be
given Integrilin if you have ever had:
- Bleeding in the brain, brain tumor, or ballooning (aneurysm) of a blood vessel in
- History of low blood platelets in the blood during previous treatment with
You should not be given Integrilin if within the past 30 days you have had:
- Medical diagnosis of internal bleeding
- Medical diagnosis of unusual tendency towards bleeding
- Medical diagnosis of stroke
- Major surgery or trauma
You should also not be given Integrilin if now:
- Your health care practitioner detects signs of ongoing injury to the aorta (the
large blood vessel that carries blood from the heart) or signs of pericarditis
(inflammation of the sac that surrounds the heart)
- You have very high blood pressure (greater than 200/110)
- You are on dialysis
- You are being treated with tirofiban (Aggrastat Information, Merck & Co.)
General Precautions with Integilin:
Bleeding is the most common complication found during Integrilin therapy.
What should I tell my doctor or health care provider?
Because certain other medications can interact with Integrilin, review all
medications that you are taking with your health care provider, including those that you
take without a prescription. To avoid possible additive drug effects, Integrilin should
not be used at the same time as other anticoagulants (blood thinning) drug products (e.g.,
warfarin sodium, dipyridamole, ticlopidine, clopidogrel) and other pain killers.
Tell your health care provider if you are trying to become pregnant, are already
pregnant, or are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of Integrilin? (This is NOT
a complete list of side effects reported with Integrilin. Your health care provider can
discuss with you a more complete list of side effects.)
- Allergic reaction
- Low blood pressure
For more detailed information about Integrilin, ask your health care provider.